Well it’s the end of 2009. I never knew starting 2009 what the year would bring, especially continued unemployment. But I know that God is in control. I have to continue to believe that or each day would be very hard to face.
Tonight probably won’t be very exciting by some standards. The usual make/eat dinner, play, read some stories, sing and put the kids to bed. Then either work on the computer or snuggle with my hubby as we watch the new year come in. (Unless we decide to just go to bed and get some much needed sleep!)
A few other things I thought of today…
- 8 years ago we were awaiting the birth of our first daughter and we rang in the new year by painting her nursery.
- 7 years ago we had been through quite the year and things were starting to look brighter.
- 5 years ago we celebrated our last Christmas with Angela Faith.
- 4 years ago Cayli Grace blessed us by coming to ease our broken hearts and remains a joy to us today.
- 2 years ago Lia Hope made me a mom of two busy girls.
- 1 year ago we never knew that unemployment would come, and it would be almost 11 months later and we would still have no idea of what was going to happen next.
Today as I face the new year arriving, I am very aware that I need to take each and every day as it comes. I need to celebrate the little things in life. I need to remember that God will provide. And I need to be open to how he is going to provide the next step. I might just come in a very unexpected way that takes me out of my comfort zone.
Do I still hope and pray we get closer to family? You bet! But like 7 years ago when I was at a day by day state. I think I need to get there again. God can move mountains if I only let him.